2023 Calendar Photo Contest
We’re looking for the year’s best Vizsla photos to use in the 2023 CWVC Calendar.
Submitted photos will also be eligible for inclusion on CWVC.org!
PHOTO SUBMISSION RULES
● Only CWVC members and newsletter subscribers are eligible to submit photos.
● Each CWVC member may enter up to 6 digital color photos for voting (no repeat entries of past winning calendar photos, please).
● Entry fee is $2.00/photo. Please make checks payable to “CWVC”. Complete the entry form and mail it with your payment to Teresa Rizzo at 2315 Back Rd, Burlington, WI 53105. Or, pay online using the "Add to Cart" button below.
● Photos must be digital. Email to Jo Reynolds (firstname.lastname@example.org). Entry closes Sunday, June 19, 2022. Be sure to Include the dog(s) call name, registered name of the dog(s), and the owner’s name.
Use these guidelines when selecting your photos to help ensure uniform formatting and high quality photographs.
● Landscape or portrait orientation.
● Maximum digital photo size: 8” x 10”.
● Recommended photo resolution: 1665 pixels x 1325 pixels. Photos smaller than this will appear blurry on the calendar. When emailing photo(s) as attachments, select largest file size or resolution when you send. If you are not sure, contact Jo to check your submitted photo(s).
● No professional or copyrighted photos, unless the photographer is a CWVC member, or you have a written release from the photographer.
● The photographer must be a CWVC member, or the member submitting the photo must own at least one Vizsla in the photograph.
● No people in the photos—Vizslas and other breeds/animals only.
● Tips for photos that reproduce well:
— Clear (not fuzzy or low-resolution digital photos) — High contrast (not too dark or light)
— Standout subjects, centered or symmetrical — Close ups with simple backgrounds
● Photo suggestions: Puppies, dogs at home, field and hunting, agility action, rally, nose work, barn hunt, other dog sports, holidays, and of course—goofy Vizsla photos!
PHOTO CONTEST VOTING RULES
● Voting will be open to anyone and everyone. Encourage all your friends and family to vote!!!!
● One ballot (includes 6 choices) per person only.
● Voting will close on Wednesday, August 31, 2022.
● Winners will be notified via email and announced on the CWVC website
● Calendars will be available for sale at the 4th Quarter membership meeting in October/November.